Meet Al and James
They started Optix Solutions straight out of Exeter Uni, back in 1999
Aww… weren’t they adorable?!
(Sorry Al & James, we had to get at least one embarrassing photo in here… heehee)
Al & James have been shortlisted for Employer of the Year in the Express & Echo Business Awards. It’s now down to a public vote for them to win and we need your help.
Following are the top 5 reasons why we, Team Optix, think they deserve your vote!
1. They regularly put on team building activities for us….
Like this Segway tour of Haldon Forest
and the Optix Thanksgiving cook off
2. Twice a month, they take the entire team out for lunch…
at tasty eateries in and around Exeter such as Thai Orchid, Hatts Bar, Harry’s, Ruby, Pizza Express, Nando’s & Giraffe. It’s a great way of unwinding and getting to know the rest of the team.
3. To make sure everyone in the company has a voice, we sit down as a team once a month…
to discuss what’s happening in the Company and have our say on key decisions that are being made, like our impending move into bigger and better offices. It’s a relaxed forum, that makes us feel valued and appreciated.
4. When we mentioned the fact that our office felt a bit dull, they brought Bristol-based street artist Richt in to make it awesome!
5. Best of all, we get a share of Optix’s success with a monthly performance-related bonus and other benefits like Private Health Insurance and an employee fund that is topped up each month to spend on things we want.
We’re currently saving for an awesome coffee machine.
Still not convinced?
Well, Charlie (our office Beagle) would really love it if you voted for them…
…and who can say no to that face?!
Convinced and ready to vote?
On a final note
To Al & James –
Above all, if you don’t win on Friday night we want you to know that in our eyes you are already Employer of the Year.
P.S. About that coffee machine…