Earlier this year we introduced you to Phase 1 of YouGen, a web-based social enterprise. The first stage of this two-part development consisted of a renewable energy blog and a hub of information on different areas of renewable energy which was targeted at building the YouGen community.
Three months on – it is with great pleasure that we officially unveil Phase 2. In addition to the popular blog and renewable energy information that were available in Phase 1, the final phase also includes the ability for individuals and businesses to create profiles on the site and interact with one another.
Whether you’re looking for a supplier, installer, consultant or manufacturer that works within a particular area of renewable energy, or for advice and support from individuals who have installed or taken a particular area of renewable energy – YouGen can help. To tell you a bit more about the project, following is a brief introduction from the YouGen site…
An introduction, from YouGen:
YouGen is here to make it easy for you to improve the energy efficiency of your home, find a suitable renewable energy technology and buy with confidence. Use the site to:
– Find out the truth about renewable energy from an independent source. We assess the latest research and compile information from a wide range of sources, so it’s easy for you to choose the right technology for your home.
– Read the tips from our Energy Experts, ask them questions and learn from other people’s comments.
– Help others by sharing your experience of renewable energy or recommending your supplier.
– Find people who have already installed the technology you’re interested in or find a local supplier to install it for you.
– Add information about your company, so that it will appear in search results and customers can recommend you.
Microgeneration (whether it’s a solar panel, wind turbine or biomass boiler) looks increasingly attractive as energy prices rise, climate chaos threatens, and we rely on fewer countries to supply our oil and gas.
Wind, sun, and water are abundant and free sources of renewable energy. It just makes sense to use them to make your own heat and power.
“I chose Optix Solutions to build the site, because they offered more than the other suppliers I saw. Optix took a big-picture approach – looking at my business aims and objectives and working with me to refine and significantly improve the specification. They were generous with their expertise, and the result is a site that I believe has the potential to meet my goal of becoming a leader in its field.” – Cathy Debenham, Director, YouGen
Need a website?
Whether it’s an online brochure for your business, or a fully interactive site like YouGen – we can help. Call us today on 0845 029 7766 to learn more.