Exeter-based Ink2Paper.com’s continued growth is based on three central tenets; unrivaled customer services, extraordinary product quality and a web presence that that is not just easy for people to navigate and use but that also keeps them engaged throughout their visit.
As an internet-based business, it goes without saying that Ink2Paper’s website is its lifeblood and principal means of creating new business, and in the summer of 2008 it invited Optix Solutions to redevelop their entire site and work on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
In essence SEO means enabling a company to squeeze every last possible benefit out of their web presence, adjusting and optimizing a site so it is search engine-friendly as possible.
Making sure the content of the site is both targeted and relevant increases the number of visitors who end up clicking the ‘confirm payment’ option.
SEO is a multi-disciplinary process and includes: data analysis, making refinements and adjustments to the site geography and content, introducing new technology, developing online marketing strategies, building databases and reawakening leads.
Ink2Paper and Optix both understand that simply increasing the number of visitors to a site is only the beginning; it is what they do once they are there that really counts. That’s why the new site was designed specifically to make the most of every new potential new lead.
Among the improvements introduced were:
- A simplified, easy to follow four-step checkout process and built in discount and promotion facilities tailored specifically to appeal to individual customers.
- A blog that keeps visitors up to date with what is going on at the company and highlights new products and services while encouraging them to give direct feedback on their experiences as a customer
The results were that:
- Sales have grown by almost 40% year on year
- Visits in the six months between July 2009 and December 2009 were up nine percent when compared with July 2008 to December 2008
- Over the same period, the number of pages viewed – that visitors actually spent time on – jumped by no less that 75.81%, representing an average growth of 60.81% in pages viewed
- The bounce rate – the number of people who left the site shortly after arrival – fell by 19.66%, with the average visitor spending 19% more time on the site than previously.
The results are proof positive that effective, intelligently targeted SEO really does work, helping to retain existing clients while generating new business.
For more information on how we can help you achieve similar success, call us today on 01392 667766.