Of all the areas covered where people can have the most impact and input, SEO is the one where time can be spent to maximum benefit.
This list contains 5 simple things you as a site owner can do yourself, to easily help your site rank well without needing a drop of technical knowledge. All it will cost is a little of your time, and you might even enjoy it!
1) Go to Yahoo Answers and answer as many simple questions as you can. Cite your website as the source.
2) Sign up to forums in your niche area. Provide information to users, be charming, answer their questions and put a link in the footer to your site.
3) Submit your site to niche directories, add your link and information to them.
4) Write, write and write some more. You are an expert in your field and the web is full of people looking for knowledge. Build it and they will come (and buy).
5) Promote that content via Social Media and by contacting people to let them know it’s there. Having good content is not enough. Make it easy for people to share this info by posting it on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and any other platforms you use.
The beauty of these techniques is you do not need to be a genius programmer to take action on them. All you need is to get into gear and do them. Then you can sit back and see the rewards as your site ranks higher, your reputation becomes more credible and you increase your sales.