Intranets & Extranets.
An Intranet is a private (internal) website where information on operations within a company is securely shared between employees, allowing them to quickly tap into existing company knowledge and applications relevant to their roles including: discussion forums, project management & collaboration tools, databases, details of upcoming training/event notices, company policies, product training guidelines, staff directories, company news etc...
Using web technologies, a company's Intranet can be securely extended to include external parties such as existing customers, consultants, suppliers and retailers. This is known as an Extranet.
By connecting internal and external resources, Intranets and Extranets allow the continued sharing of information, enabling the workforce to improve both productivity and quality of service. As a result, Intranet's and Extranet's are quickly becoming highly important to the day-to-day activities of organisations around the world.
- Cost effective to implement and maintain
- Secure, with advanced tracking abilities allowing you to monitor activity
- Streamlines business activities - resulting in increased productivity and cost savings
- Brings together support resources and expertise for improved collaboration
- Provides a single source of information - ensuring the accurate distribution of materials